Hair has always been a factor of attraction and a matter of concern among us. Having beautiful hair is owned by a few lucky charms. The rest of us are struggling with our hair every single day. We are going behind many salon-based and home remedies one by one for achieving the same. It’s high time to stop all those home remedies and think of the revolutionary development in science that is achieving a huge success rate day by day. Do you also want to try this? Do you wish to know the best keratin treatment products in India? Read on further to know why and how keratin treatment can turn your hair into silky smooth hair as you always wanted.
What is keratin?
Keratin is a protein that is naturally occurring in our hair, skin, and nails. It has a significant role in protecting our hair externally and also internally. Keratin helps to keep the hair healthy. The amount of keratin in hair decreases on exposure to the sun, hair styling, pollution or chemical products, and changes in lifestyle and age. It will cause our hair to become dry, and coarse and lose out on natural shine and gloss and become dull.
What is a keratin treatment?
Keratin treatment smoothes and often straightens hair. It is also called Brazilian Keratin treatment or a Brazilian blowout. It is the process of adding artificial keratin to the hair to make it look smooth, shiny, and frizz-free. It helps to fill in the porous spots in our hair due to the loss of keratin. Keratin treatment helps in rebuilding the hair by replenishing the lost protein in our hair strands.
How to choose the best keratin treatment?
Before undergoing keratin treatment we must know which process suits our hair. Mainly there are two types of keratin treatments.
Brazilian blowout: If we have curly and unmanageable hair, we must go for it. The effect will be there for about 3 months.
Smoothing treatments: If we do not want to change the curly hair texture, smoothing treatment is a good decision. They help to de-frizz the hair, making them smooth and shining. The treatment lasts for about 6 months as they do not use formaldehyde in this process.
The cost of keratin treatment in India varies from salon to salon. It depends on the type and length of the hair. On average, the price in India varies from 6000 to 10,000 INR.
LIST OF BEST KERATIN TREATMENT PRODUCTS IN INDIA
Due to the availability of a wide range of products in the market, it is not an easy task to select the best keratin treatment product. In this post, we are going to discuss some of the selected brands of keratin treatment products in India.
1. L’ANZA Keratin Healing Oil Treatment
This formulation is a volumizing oil that adds brilliant lightweight shine, leaving hair stronger and healthier. The key ingredients that are used in the formulation are Abyssinian flower oil, acai fruit oil, coffee seed oil, natural ceramides, next-generation keratin, etc are of natural origin. Also, the product is free from sulfates, gluten, sodium chloride, or parabens.
- Strengthens and adds a brilliant shine to hair.
- Rehydrates hair, it becomes soft and silky smooth.
- Provides flexible body and bounce.
- Intensely moisturizes, volumizes, and thickens hair.
- Provides high temperature, thermal, and UV protection.
- Shortens drying time.
2. Peter Coppola Purple Smoothing Treatment Kit
This is a cream-type formulation and does not contain harmful ingredients. The product is free from formaldehyde and alcohol. It is ideal for both men and women with frizzy and curly hair. The kit contains a bowl, brush, comb, instructions, smoothening treatment, and a clarifying shampoo.
- Non- carcinogenic.
- A very good product for people living in areas with high humidity, where frizz and flyaways are an issue.
- Repair split ends and reduces their appearance.
- Restores hair’s youthful look.
- Long lasting (minimum 3 months).
- Bring back softness and shine.
- Color-safe product.
3. TRESemme Keratin Smooth with Argan Oil
The product contains a unique combination of keratin and argan oil. This combination helps in conditioning, strengthening, and providing elasticity to hair. The product is specially formulated for Indian hair.
- Nourishes your hair and helps in controlling frizz for up to 3 days.
- Dual action formulas make hair smoother and shine.
- Smoothens and protects dry hair from damage because of lower sulfate content.
- Safe for both natural and chemically treated hair.
- Hair fall may occur in some cases.
- Itching due to the presence of parabens.
Read More Sebum Plugs; Are They a Matter of Concern? How to Get Rid of It? How to Lighten Dark Lips Permanently? Do You Know These 5 Methods? Wheatish Skin Complexion: How to Take Care of Your Skin and the Colours That Matches Your Skin
4. OGX Brazilian Keratin Therapy Flat Iron Spray
The spray formulation contains coconut oil, keratin proteins, avocado oil, and cocoa butter bringing hair a new life.
- Softens hair
- Suitable for almost all types of hair.
- Protect the hair from heat damage.
- Makes hairy glossy and smooth.
- Helps to control cuticles.
- Sulfate and sodium-free hair care system.
- Safe for color-treated hair.
- It will not be a good choice for people who hate the smell of coconut oil.
5. Keratin Research Brazilian Keratin Hair Treatment
The cream contains argan oil, coconut oil, proteins, and amino acid complexes, which makes the hair healthy and shiny. The product instantly straightens and smoothes your hair for about 4 to 6 months. The formula is proven best worldwide and expresses that there is no need to wait for 3 days.
- Suitable for almost all types of hair, even for colored hair.
- Instant straightening and smoothening occur.
- Reduce frizz.
- Suitable for all humidity types.
- Strengthens hair, repair and restore damaged hair.
- Long-lasting result.
- Hair damage can occur if used more than three times a year.
6. Lasio Keratin-Infused Treatment One Day Formula
The product has its universal formula that works well on curl reduction, elimination of frizz, hair repair, and moisture balance. It is known to be one of the safest and most effective keratin treatments available on the market. It contains amber extract which helps in making hair stronger and healthier. It also helps in the rejuvenation of damaged and dry hair. The process is very fast with the benefit of same-day wash and zero processing time.
- Silky smooth hair strands are produced.
- The effect lasts for about 4 months
- Reduces curl up to 90%.
- Lightweight formula.
7. Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair Shampoo Million Gloss
This product is liquid keratin formulated specifically for the need of dull hair. It contains liquidized sea collagen which makes your hair shiny and beautiful. Gliss works by reconstituting hair fibers to repair damaged hairs without over-treating healthy areas of the scalp. Gliss cell repair system contains proteins that are identical to proteins and hence they repair hair from deep within and make them stronger.
- Envelop every single hair with a lightweight, smoothing shine.
- Shine lamination technology.
- Deep repair.
- Hair fall and hair thinning may occur in some cases.
- It is not recommended for people with more frizzy hair.
KERATIN TREATMENT AFTERCARE
After keratin treatment, it is mandatory to go for aftercare treatment of your keratinized hair. If aftercare treatments are not done wisely you will not maintain your hair properly. Some important among them are,
- Keep your hair dry.
- Use sulfate-free gentle shampoos with micro keratin and conditioner.
- Do not wash your hair frequently.
- Do not touch your hair too much.
- Use silk pillowcase replacing cotton.
- You should strictly avoid using hair bands, hair clips, or tucking your hair for two weeks.
Keratin is the best choice for those who want straight and smooth hair for a long duration. It may not be a good choice for those who want to bounce between natural curls and straight hair. Hope this article will clarify many of your doubts. Leave your comments in the comment box if you find them helpful.
10 Best Ways to Remove Blemishes Naturally 4 Different Methods of Treatment for a Blemish Clear Skin All About Dark Neck: Its Causes and How Can You Prevent It Effectively? 9 Different Methods by Which Dry Hair in Men Can Be Prevented How to Remove Face Tan Naturally?
Which keratin treatment lasts the longest?
Usually, natural keratin treatment lasts longer. i.e. for about 3 to 4 months. The main factor that determines the longevity of the treatment is the aftercare treatment. Frequent wetting of hair should be avoided. The use of sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner helps to maintain the hair texture. It’s the post keratin treatment care, that gives your hair a long life to maintain its properties.
Is keratin treatment good for hair?
Keratin treatment is a chemical treatment that helps in replenishing the lost proteins in the hair strands. It makes the hair stronger and the chance of hair breakage will also be reduced. Always try to choose formaldehyde, sulfate, and sodium-free keratin treatment products.
Which keratin treatment is the safest?
Keratin treatment that doesn’t contain formaldehyde is considered the safest as it is carcinogenic. Brazilian Keratin treatment is devoid of formaldehyde and is best suited for people with extremely curly hair vulnerable to humidity. Keratin-infused products such as shampoos and conditioners containing keratin are safe to use daily.
Can keratin treatment be done at home?
Yes, it can be done at your home. Firstly, shampoo your hair. Gently dry the hair using a towel leaving some moisture. Apply keratin treatment from the tip and then go up. Stop at one inch from the scalp. Gently massage the hair. Leave it for 30 minutes. Thoroughly rinse your hair with water. Blow dry and iron your hair thoroughly. Keep the hair dry and wait for 48 hours to wash your hair. Use sulfate-free shampoo and conditioners for washing your hair.
Can keratin cause hair loss?
Yes, hair fall is one of the main side effects of keratin treatment. It occurs due to the use of harsh chemicals. Hair fall can also occur if keratin treatment is done more frequently. Always make sure that you are getting proper nutrition in your diet including protein, staying hydrated, and avoiding the use of shampoos and conditioners containing harsh chemicals that can damage your hair and scalp.