Hello Brave and Beautiful Women! Hope you are enjoying and embracing your pregnancy period, are you? Yes or No?
Maybe the morning sickness, vomiting and nausea are troubling you in these glorious days. If the answer to this is ‘Yes, you need to read this till the end. You will get several solutions to your problem and will surely help you resolve it.
Reasons Of Vomiting During Pregnancy
During pregnancy, most women experience nausea and vomiting. Some suffer during the first trimester only while some sustain it for a longer period.
There are no specific reasons for vomiting and nausea. But changes in hormonal levels are claimed to be the primary cause of vomiting.
The pregnancy hormone –
- human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG)
- estrogen and
- unusual thyroid hormone level
- low sugar levels
These are some of the commonly believed causes of vomiting during pregnancy.
How Long Vomiting lasts During Pregnancy?
Vomiting and nausea begin after few weeks of conception. Normally, it starts around 8 to 9 weeks of pregnancy and ceases after 12 to 14 weeks. But in some cases, this can last over 20 weeks and even until childbirth.
- Vomiting Blood
- Vomiting Pale
Vomiting Blood: This might happen due to the increased flow of blood vessels. This interrupts the normal functioning of your body. There can be swollen gums, sore throat, stomach ulcers and esophageal irritation, which can lead to blood vomiting. It is advised to consult your doctor immediately and get a proper diagnose.
Vomiting Pale: Pale or yellow vomiting generally happens when your stomach is empty. It is nonetheless the acid or juice produced by the stomach for food digestion. Due to pregnancy, your body might secret it in the vomit form.
Best Ways to Prevent Vomiting
Although, in almost all cases, it is inevitable to prevent nausea. But there are five ways, which can help you reduce nausea-
- Take lots of fluids and water, stay hydrated.
- Eat healthy in small intervals
- Focus on the reasons, type of smell, food etc. that makes you feel nauseous
- Avoid too tangy food as it may cause acidity.
- Take a protein-rich diet before bedtime.
Home Remedies To Cure Vomiting
It is said, “Nature itself is the best physician.”
Your kitchen has so many edibles and herbs, which surely will help you cure the morning sickness. In ancient times, especially in India, home remedies proved to be easily accessible natural relief in vomiting and nausea. Some of them are as follows-
- Ginger– A piece of ginger or ginger tea can prove a blessing in your morning sickness. If you are feeling morning sickness, keep one piece in your mouth and see the results. But it is advisable, not to use it empty stomach on daily basis.
- Peppermint Aromatherapy– It is another measure to reduce morning sickness. The fragrance of peppermint oil can prevent nausea and help to decrease morning sickness.
- Acupressure– Acupressure helps to relax the contractions in muscles. This technique is commonly used in traditional Chinese medicine to cure morning illnesses.
- Lemon– Taking a lemon slice and licking it, is also an effective cure for morning sickness for pregnant women.
- Vitamin B6 Supplement– Vitamin B6 is also recommended as a preventive method for pregnant women preferring to avoid anti-nausea medications.
- Fennel Seeds– Keep fennel seeds handy and whenever you feel uneasy, you can chew them for relief in nausea.
- Fruits– Make space for a pile of fruits in your refrigerator. They will help you maintain the sugar levels and hence reduce nausea.
- Cinnamon– Yes, it is effective in curing morning sickness. You can make cinnamon tea, adding honey to it and when you feel like vomiting, take sips. It will ease you instantly.
- Apple Cider Vinegar– If you have an acute vomiting problem, apple cider vinegar can make wonders. You can use it with honey in warm water. It offset the stomach acid and balance the pH levels in the body. This helps in reducing morning sickness.
- Cloves– Easily available in your kitchen, 2-3 buds of cloves lessen the effect of nausea.
- Yoghurt– Yes! Yoghurt, a rich source of good bacterias, have a mystic effect on vomiting and nausea. One can mix fruits with it.
- Almond– Almonds have high protein and essential nutrients qualities. They help improve digestion and provide relief from morning sickness.
All these home remedial measures are really helpful during pregnancy. Easily available at home kitchen. But, it is always advisable to consult your doctor before taking any of these. Everyone has a different body type and response to what they eat. Considering your medical history, health records and doctor’s guidance, you can use any of these home remedies. Have a happy pregnancy period. Take a good diet and keep a watch on your health.